For Immediate Release: July 27, 2023
Media Contact: Elizabeth Shy | firstname.lastname@example.org | 530-898-6785
CHICO PERFORMANCES ANNOUNCES 2023–24 SEASON
CHICO, Calif.– Comedian. Actor. Musician. Advocate. Entrepreneur. Five-time Grammy and Emmy nominee. Margaret Cho’s strong voice has been lighting the path for other women, members of underrepresented groups, and performers to follow—and now she’ll kick off Chico Performances 2023-24 world-class lineup with the first performance of her highly anticipated Live and Livid fall tour.
This year’s Chico Performances season was curated with care and creativity to offer something for everyone. If you’re in the mood for comedy, Cho, David Sedaris and Brian Regan will be bringing all the laughs to the iconic Laxson Auditorium. Musical talents include the Manhattan Transfer, Nickel Creek and Classic Albums Live: Rolling Stones’ “Sticky Fingers” and Quinteto Latino. And, of course, the season would not be complete without Chico favorites “A Very Chico Nutcracker,” Nochebuena and the Banff Mountain Film Festival.
For more than 40 years, Chico Performances has brightened our region’s arts and cultural offerings with a dazzling array of music, dance, song, and spoken word. Its mission is to provide arts and cultural experiences that entertain, educate, enrich, and inspire the Chico State campus and greater Chico community.
New leadership at the helm this year—Stephanie Yunker, the director of University Public Engagement, and Claire Pelley, director of Chico Performances—are eager to continue its legacy of coming together as an audience to delight in the arts and feel more connected in the process. “The energy of community is something that drew me to this industry,” said Pelley. “There is a vibration within a live audience that builds community. We are thrilled to welcome you back to a new season of world-class entertainment. We hope you will see something you love, try something new, and spend some time with us at a Party on the Patio.”
“Whether your passion is favorite classics or stunning contemporary works, intimate arrangements, or energy-fueled productions, we can all agree there is nothing quite like a live performance,” added Yunker. “We’ve built an incredible lineup for 2023–24 and look forward to seeing our patrons’ faces light up with awe, amusement and joy.”
Tickets for Chico Performance donors go on sale August 7. Chico Performance subscribers, those who purchase tickets to four or more performances, will have ticket access on August 14. Single tickets are available for purchase starting August 21. Further ticketing information can be found online at chicoperformances.com.
Chico Performances 2023-24 Season:*All performances are in Laxson Auditorium unless otherwise noted
- Margaret Cho Live & Livid! September 17 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $40 – 63
- Manhattan Transfer 50th Anniversary and Final World Tour September 19 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $37–57
- Quinteto Latino October 1 | 2 p.m. * Recital Hall Tickets $44
- Nickel Creek October 7 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $47–67
- Cirque Mechanics Zephyr October 11 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $38–55
- Sheng Wang October 13 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $25–45
- Mariachi Herencia de México October 22 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $35–49
- An Evening with David Sedaris November 5 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $38–58
- Chico Community Ballet A Very Chico Nutcracker December 1 | 7 p.m.; December 2 | 1 p.m. & 6 p.m. December 3 | 1 p.m.; Tickets $17–30
- Storm Large December 6 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $48
- Nochebuena December 10 | 2 p.m. & 7:30 p.m. Tickets $30–50
- Classic Albums Live: Rolling Stones’ Sticky Fingers – Note for Note, Cut for Cut January 27 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $34–48
- Brian Regan February 21 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $35–69
- Voctave February 28 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $38–55
- Tres Souls and Grupo Bella March 1 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $45
- ABT Studio Company March 14 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $32–48
- Banff Mountain Film Festival April 5 | 7:30 p.m. April 6 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $20
- Book in Common Lecture: Clint Smith How the Word is Passed: A Reckoning with the History of Slavery Across America April 11 | 7:30 p.m. Tickets $25
- Wynona Wang April 21 | 2 p.m. * Recital Hall Tickets $39