Doktor Kaboom! It’s Just Rocket Science
Free Streaming Field Trip
Available through Thursday, March 11
Free Streaming Field Trip
Recommended Grades: 3-8
Free registration for educators - REGISTER
The Chico Performances Field Trip Series continues in 2021 with virtual performances that educators can stream in the classroom or remotely.Thanksto the support from sponsors and grants, schools and educators will have complimentary access to virtual field trips.
The next virtual field trip of the series is Doktor Kaboom! It’s Just Rocket Science. Chico Performances audiences will have access to the program and accompanying materials from Monday, January 11 to Thursday, March 11.
Described as “part Mr. Wizard and part Mr. Rogers” Doktor Kaboom uses the excitement of rocketry to present Newton’s Laws of Motion in multiple, over-the-top, demonstrations. Each of Newton’s 3 laws is clearly explained, comically demonstrated, andfollowed by a DIY project that students can do as a class, in groups, or individually. 3 Laws, 3 lessons, 3 projects!
Throughout the Arts Engagement, Doktor Kaboom interspersesthe lessons with discussions on safety and personal empowerment. Of particular focus here is using rocket science to prove that “science is for everyone, not just the person who wins the science fair every year”. This is the perfect program for introducing or reviewing the physics of motion.
After registration, you will receive a confirmation and link to the field trip content.
About the program
Doktor Kaboom! It’s Just Rocket Science is a 32-minute program suggested for grades 3-8.
- Science (Sir Isaac Newton’s 3 Laws of Motion; Inertia. Acceleration. Action / Reaction; Safe Science)
- Theatre (Actor’s Tools, Costume and Set Design, Character, Improvisation)
- Social-Emotional Learning (Respect. Understanding. Cooperation. Making good choices)
- 21st Century skills (Critical thinking. Creativity. Collaboration. Communication)
Things to know
- Videos can be used individually but students will benefit by viewing them sequentially.
- Activities can be differentiated to make challenge level appropriate to grade level.
- Supplies needed can be found in the Lab Reports following each Lesson Plan.
- This interactive video includes some “call and response” that may be loud for those with sensory sensitivities
- Set expectations for acceptable noise levelwith students in advance.•The results of some science experiences may happen quickly and surprise some students.
If you have questions, please contact our field trip coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist Website Video Photos Back to Field Trip Listings